Hey everyone, I'll be at the San Diego Comic-Con international this year with my buddy and collaborator Gene Yang at table #AA-04 in the Artist Alley. Here's the map of the exhibit hall floor. The Artist Alley is on the top left corner of the map there. We'll have books, mini-comics, posters, and original art for you to peruse, or even purchase if you feel so inclined.
I'll also be on a couple panels (and moderating Gene Yang's spotlight panel) and doing signings and stuff throughout the 4-day period. Here's my complete schedule:
Thursday, July 23
- 2:30 - 3:30pm - Spotlight on Gene Yang: Only three years ago, Comic-Con special guest Gene Yang (American Born Chinese) was making his reputation on minicomics. Now he's an award-winning graphic novelist. Hear him in conversation with fellow comic artist and collaborator Derek Kirk Kim (The Eternal Smile). Room 4
Friday, July 24
- 1:00 – 2:00pm - Signing at the First Second Booth, #1323
- 4:00 - 5:00pm - Graphic Novels: Moderator Tom Spurgeon (ComicsReporter.com) talks to some of the superstars of graphic novels in this lively panel discussion. Joining Tom are Lewis Trondheim (Kaput and Zosky), Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim), Seth (George Sprott 1894–1975), Gene Yang (American Born Chinese), Jason Lutes (Berlin), and Derek Kirk Kim (Eternal Smile). Room 8
Saturday, July 25
- 1:00 - 2:00pm - Skech-A-Thon at the Cartoon Art Museum booth, #1930
Sunday, July 26
- 10:00-11:00pm - Kids' Graphic Novels: What's new and wonderful in the world of comics and graphic novels for kids in 2009? Moderator Robin Brenner, creator and editor-in-chief of NoFlyingNoTights.com, highlights the works of panelists Lewis Trondheim (Tiny Tyrant), Gene Yang (American Born Chinese), Derek Kirk Kim (The Eternal Smile), Eric Wight (Frankie Pickle and The Closet of Doom), Chris Schweizer (Crogan's Vengeance), Jennifer Holm (Babymouse), and Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Lunch Lady), who all recommend other great titles. Room 3
If anything, you should come to see Hayao Miyazaki speak! How often does that happen in America?